Highborne Cay Marina ... May 17 and 18
If I were rich, I'd stay in marinas like this all the time! Even though you don't have the cool breezes on board that you get at anchor, you've got everything else! And of course, if I were rich, I wouldn't mind the cost of electricity to run our little air conditioner on hot afternoons. But I suppose if I were rich, I'd be on one of the big motor yachts docked all around us (we are the only sailboat in the marina!). All this place really lacks is a tiki bar on the beautiful beach (of course, if I were rich, I suppose I'd have crew to bring me a frosty pina colada on the beach from my well-stocked bar on my yacht ...)
It has been a lovely two days of relaxation here ... lounging on the beach, taking real showers in a real bathroom, watching the mega-yachts come and go from the dock while marveling at how bow and stern thrusters can maneuver these massive boats in such small spaces, w/o hitting anything!\
But alas, we aren't rich, so a 2-day stay in a marina like this is about all the stretch our budget can take. While sitting in our beach chairs, we've watched the squalls pass to the west of us, over Nassau (40 miles away), and we now have a 6-day window of 10-15 knot East winds to carry us North, back to the Abacos. Sailing weather doesn't get any better than that, so we're going to take advantage of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment